Have you ever heard of JSONLD? No, it’s not a new dance craze or a trendy drink. It’s actually an important piece of the SEO puzzle that can help boost your website’s visibility and rankings in search engines. But what exactly is JSONLD, and why is it important for your website?
So, why is this important for SEO? When search engines have a better understanding of your website’s content, they can display it more accurately in search results. This can lead to increased visibility and higher rankings, which can drive more traffic to your website. Plus, it’s a fun way to show off your website’s unique qualities and stand out from the competition.
Now, let’s dive into how to implement JSONLD on your website. First, you need to determine what type of structured data you want to add to your website. There are several types to choose from, including product information, event information, and local business information.
Once you’ve decided on the type of structured data you want to add, you can use Google’s Structured Data Markup Helper to create the JSONLD code. Simply select the type of data you want to add and fill in the required information. The tool will generate the code for you, which you can then paste into the head section of your HTML.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also manually write the JSONLD code. Just remember to follow the syntax and structure guidelines provided by Schema.org, the organization that maintains the standard for structured data.
Now, let’s talk about best practices for using JSONLD. First, make sure to only use structured data for information that is actually on your website. Don’t add information that is not relevant or accurate, as this can negatively impact your search rankings. Additionally, only use one type of structured data per page and make sure it accurately represents the content on that page.
Another best practice is to regularly check and update your structured data. This ensures that it stays accurate and up-to-date, and also helps to prevent any potential errors or warnings from search engines.
- Use Relevant Schema Markup: Schema markup is a structured data vocabulary that defines entities and relationships on a web page. Use relevant schema markup for your content to help search engines understand your content better.
- Include Essential Information: Make sure to include essential information about your content, such as the title, author, date of publication, and other relevant information that helps search engines categorise and rank your content.
- Use Multiple Schemas: To provide more context to search engines, use multiple schemas on your web page. For example, you can use schemas for product reviews, ratings, and pricing on an e-commerce site.
- Optimise Rich Snippets: Rich snippets are enhanced search results that provide more information about your web page. Optimise your rich snippets by including relevant information and using schema markup to enhance them.
- Test and Validate: Use Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool to test and validate your JSON-LD markup. This tool helps you identify any errors and make corrections to your markup to improve your site’s SEO.
Finally, don’t be afraid to get creative with your JSONLD! Use it to highlight unique features or special promotions on your website. And if you’re feeling really adventurous, you can even use it to add some fun and personality to your website.
So there you have it! JSONLD may seem intimidating at first, but it’s actually a fun and informative way to boost your website’s SEO. By using structured data, you can help search engines understand your content and increase your visibility and rankings in search results. So get out there and give JSONLD a try!
JSONLD is just one of the things we can assist with at Tomedia. Get in touch with us today to find out more about how we can help your website to achieve SEO success and beyond.